With baggies and boots all ready, the Peterborough branch of the Manchester United Supporters Club about to head off from Bishops Road Bus station on a 1970s game day !
The Regional Swimming Pool shrouded in scaffolding during construction in 1976.
The old City (Temperance) Hotel on the corner of Bridge Street and Bishops Road and pictured around 1908. In 2017 we would be looking at the Poundland store.
Wonderful 1970s “soul boy” fashions on show in front of the cafe on the old Bishops Road Bus station site.
The school was later known as Bishops Road School and was sited where today’s Magistrates Court is, opposite the Pound Shop.
A busy shot of the Lido pool captured in 1938, two years after opening.
A lovely Edwardian scene showing the seemingly popular Bishops Road Gardens.
An undated image showing Bishops Road Gardens before the hedging was replaced by flower beds !
The latter days of the bus station on Bishops Road as a new landscape takes shape all around. The Key Theatre is in the background behind the pylon and the road under construction in the central foreground is today’s dual carriageway that sweeps around the back of the Magistrates Court building which is just visible far right.
The late Peggy Wright at work at the Lido in the 1950s where, as a very popular instructor, she taught many a young Peterborian to swim.