A lovely Victorian portrait of a couple and their dog, possibly in the back garden of Gray’s Art Studio.
Peterborough born photographer Nathaniel James Gray (1875-1957) operated from Chessington Villa on Oundle Road.
Two images showing the British Sugar Corporation site on Oundle Road at work.
1947 built Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0T #1800 working at the British Sugar Corporation sidings off Oundle Road in the early 1970s. The engine was later “retired” to the Peterborough Railway Society and subsequently Nene Valley Railway where it has delighted visitors young and old as “Thomas”.
An aerial view of the British Sugar Corporation site off Oundle Road in the early 1970s. Oundle Road is at the foot of the image with the Cross Keys pub bottom left.
Today’s Sugar Way junction would be just to the left of the administration block just right of centre.
An undated image showing the instantly recognizable Gordon Arms on Oundle Road ….. before being dwarfed by the Nene Parkway !
The Boro Bar pub on Oundle road pictured shortly before closure and subsequent conversion to a Tesco express store in 2014. It was previously more familiar as the Boys Head (below).
The bottom image shows the pub back in the 1970s with its original Boys Head sign.
Looking down Oundle Road from the junction with London Road in the 1950s.
The Cross Keys on Oundle Road in the 1970s.
The Cherry Tree pub on Oundle Road in the early 1970s ….. complete with Double Diamond sign!
The Gordon Arms on Oundle Road in the 1970s.