The building of and opening of the Baker Perkins Apprentice School on Westfield Road which was constructed from December 1952 and officially opened in January 1954. Although the Baker Perkins Westwood Works site was levelled in 2003, the Apprentice School remains standing and in use today.
A 1947 aerial view showing Westwood Works (centre) and the RAF Westwood/RAF Peterborough site in the distance (left).
[image courtesy http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk]
An undated image showing the entrance to “Werners” on Westfield Road. The date of the image is unknown but the Werner, Pfiederer and Perkins inscription dates it before 1915 when an ill-founded wartime backlash forced a name change to drop the Werner and Pfiederer !
Looking along Westfield Road towards the railway with Baker Perkins on the left.
Thanks to Chris Allen for this image.