A wonderful old steam powered threshing machine somewhere in the Peterborough area in the early 1900s.
The corner of Westgate and Lincoln Road around 1914, later the premises of “Johnson’s Corner” but in the early 1900s it was the base for the Thompson family who were furniture dealers/wood turners/cabinet makers.
The business was established by George Thompson (b.1835) but at this point his son Charles Joseph Thompson was named on the shop signs.
Previously the same building had been home to an undertaker !
The match day programme from Peterborough & Fletton FC’s home fixture with Southampton Reserves on 3rd May 1930.
The club was formed by the merger of Peterborough City and Fletton United in 1923 but failed in an attempt to enter the Football League in 1927 and eventually folded after a miserable 1931/32 season in the Southern League.
The club was replaced in 1934 by today’s Peterborough United FC.
Once again, many thanks to Remark Group for their invaluable sponsorship support to the website for a further twelve months …… hugely appreciated !