A Soke of Peterborough driving licence from 1926 and belonging to Frank Collins of Coronation Cottage on Barnack Road.
Looking up Main Street in Barnack with roofing repairs being carried out on a building that is still standing today.
Heading out from Barnack on the Stamford Road – date unknown. All of the buildings are still standing today (2015) albeit the inn/pub on the far right is now a private residence.
Two Edwardian ladies enjoying a country stroll alongside the Barnack Hills & Holes on Wittering Road – date unknown.
Main Street, Barnack – date unknown. The name on the shop appears to be A Webster “HOBART” albeit with a “post cards” sign above it. Alfred Webster was listed on the 1911 census as a Barnack based “Cycle Agent” and the cyclist standing outside might back that up !
The site of Barnack station pictured in 1961 which even at this point had been closed for 32 years.
A heavily restored old image showing the Carpenters Arms (left) on Main Street in Barnack.
The Suffolk 5th Battalion somewhere along the Stamford Road near Barnack c.1914. These were more specifically the Second-Fifth or 2/5 Battalion who were home service only troops ….. the First-Fifth (1/5) were deployed overseas.
An undated image looking down School Road from the junction with Walcot Road.
The station master poses, along with his dog, outside Barnack Station in the early 1900s.
Sadly the station closed with the Stamford & Essendine Line as early as 1929, albeit the building remains in use as a private residence today.