New housing in the village of Coates, rather grandly proclaimed by the photographer as “Coates New Town”. This image appears to date back to the 1930s and before this section of road was bypassed by the newly built A605 March Road which would today pass across the field to the left of the tree.
Looking east on the March Road in Coates in 1937 with a horse drawn delivery taking place at The Vine public house on the distant right.
Two undated images of The Green in Coates.
The Carpenters Arms (far left) in Coates – date unknown.
North Green, Coates in 1924 with the Holy Trinity Church in the background. The house immediately in front of the church is still standing and looking good in 2015 !
Wonderful rural scene from the village of Coates in 1905 ….. probably South Green.
This image is marked as being Sports Day in Coates, 1909 ….. the sports presumably being of an agricultural nature !
What appears to be a village store or post office on the right of Coates Green in 1905.