The school football team from Eye Primary School in 1952.
The eastern end of the railway yard at Eye Green Station – date unknown.
The M&GN Eye Green signal box in front of the Northam Brickworks …. date unknown.
For many Peterborians of the recent past, Christmas started when George and Christine Drake’s family on Thorney Road, Eye switched on their wonderful house and garden lights drawing in families from all over the area and raising many thousands of pounds for local charities.
They first set up their impressive display in 1986 and looked to add an additional festive centre-piece every year before calling it a day in the early 2000s.
Locals claim that visitors still visit the house every year in the hope that the display might have made a return !
Looking east from the Crowland Road bridge in 1962 with Eye Green Station on the right and the Northam brickworks on the left.
A fleet of lorries from AE Dighton (Haulage) Ltd of Hodney Road, Eye. Undated but probably from the mid 1960s.
A group of cyclists line up outside the old Greyhound pub on Crowland Road in Eye Green. The building to the immediate right of the pub was a Post Office and Grocery store.
The pub closed in 2009 and became The 5 Spice restaurant.
Looking across towards the Northam Brickyards from the Thorney Road in Eye – date unknown.
Local lads setting off to the station from the Blue Boar in Eye and ready to serve their country in the Great War.
Odams Flour Mill off Crowland Road in Eye. In 1975, the site was redeveloped as the office and printing works of Central Printers and, today, behind the office on the right – which is still standing – is the Sue Ryder charity shop.
An away day trip to support the POSH from the Red Lion on High Street, Eye.
Hodney Bridge and the the top end of Hodney Road in Eye.
A 1940s view looking down Hodney Road, Eye towards the distant bridge from the junction with Peterborough Road and with Redhead’s shop near left. In 2016 the Toscanini Restaurant would be sitting just out of picture in the foreground left.
Two images showing the brickworks ropeway at Eye. The top image looking towards Hodney Road and the lower image showing the ropeway crossing over Crowland Road.
The ropeway ran for about one mile and carried clay from Dogsthorpe to the Northam Works kilns for brick making.
Looking east from the Crowland Road bridge over Eye Green station with the Goods Shed in the background – date unknown.
A view across the bowling green towards a busy Northam Brickworks in Eye.
A lovely shot of the much photographed High Street in Eye, captured in 1916.
A much photographed location looking along High Street in Eye around 1910.
Looking back towards Peterborough on the High Street in Eye, around 1910 …… many of these buildings are still standing and recognisable today.
The opening of the War Memorial in Eye on 4th April 1920. The view is from within the cemetery looking out onto Crowland Road, not far from where today (2015) we have the Sue Ryder charity store.