Members of the local Foresters Refuge outside the Talbot Inn on the Great North Road at Stilton in 1908.
The Foresters provided a simple means for people to save small sums of money to cover financial problems arising from sickness and bereavement and they continue to operate today as the Foresters Friendly society.
A local baker awaits outside The Bell at Stilton in 1964.
The early post supported sign at The Bell at Stilton.
Date unknown but the Huntingdon based Marshall Brothers brewery dates it to between 1910 and 1932.
A very unusual early postcard showing off the Pekinese dogs of a Mrs Scotney of Stilton. No idea who Mrs Scotney were but the Scotney family had a big farming presence in the area.
An old Tuck postcard image released in 1911 and featuring The Bell Inn at Stilton, painted by English watercolour artist Alfred Robert Quinton (1853-1934).
The Bell Inn at Stilton with the old Great North Road and accompanying traffic island in the foreground. This image dates to around 1955 when the main London to Newcastle route passed through Stilton village. In 1958, the village was bypassed via the current A1 route which devastated trade in the village initially causing The Bell to close and fall into disrepair.
A lovely shot of Stilton High Street from around 1912 showing the The Bell in the distance on the right – with its original sign post – and three boys with sticks and hoops presumably ready to run them down the quiet road !
The old Post Office on Stilton High Street with the Stilton Cheese to the left – date unknown.
An undated image looking along Church Street in Stilton with a 2015 image below from a similar spot.
Little is known about this one other than it is in Stilton !