Four images showing Thornhaugh Hall in its year of construction – 1911.
Many thanks to Brian Watts for submitting this 1932 image of what is now partly his home in Thornhaugh.
The sign over the door states “Thornhaugh Post Office” and, Brian’s home, the Old Bakery was in the extension to the left which was built in 1709. Sadly most of the old bakery equipment was lost in the 1970s but Brian remains a proud owner of the oven doors !
An early 1900s image showing Russell Hill in Thornhaugh with the old Post Office just behind the standing onlookers.