1881 Kent born Ernest Herbert Goff, the last miller to work Werrington’s Tower Mill on Lincoln Road, retiring in 1953.
The restored mill still stands today.
An old sheep wash off Fenbridge Road, Werrington – date unknown.
The location would be close to Cuckoo’s Hollow and is likely to be using the waterway that feeds today’s Cuckoo’s Hollow lake from Car Dyke.
A wonderful old delivery van on the Green at Werrington and belonging to Neaversons who had several stores in the city in the early 1900s. Date unknown.
A snowy Church Street in Werrington – date unknown. Note the village pump on the left under the old chestnut tree. On the right is Cherry House which had its own orchard from where cherries were carted to Peterborough market.
An undated image showing Werrington British Legion Cricket Club.
A village pond in flood at the junction of Foxcovert Road and Fenbridge Road in Werrington – date unknown.
The new Werrington Parish Hall under construction on the 15th April 1938. Local builder Albert Plant was responsible for the build as he was for much of the building work in the village at that time.
The building still stands in 2017 as the Village Centre off Church Street.
An undated image looking down Church Street in Werrington, taken from alongside the church wall.
The Blue Bell on Church Street, Werrington in the 1970s.
A wonderfully tranquil scene on Werrington Green – date unknown.