Categories

Inside the Corn Exchange

A rare image showing traders inside the old corn exchange building on Church Street.

The Corn Exchange was built in 1846 and opened on 24th November 1848 on the site of an old theatre and went on to become reputedly the busiest Exchange in the region right up to WW2 when it was badly damaged by a German incendiary bomb.

Please add comments, corrections and/or questions at our Facebook Group