Categories

Thompson’s Furniture (c.1914)

The corner of Westgate and Lincoln Road around 1914, later the premises of “Johnson’s Corner” but in the early 1900s it was the base for the Thompson family who were furniture dealers/wood turners/cabinet makers.

The business was established by George Thompson (b.1835) but at this point his son Charles Joseph Thompson was named on the shop signs.

Previously the same building had been home to an undertaker !

Please add comments, corrections and/or questions at our Facebook Group