Categories

Wesleyan Chapel, Wentworth Street (1905)

The Wesleyan Chapel was sited on Wentworth Street (back of WH Smiths to 21st century Peterborians !) and was built in 1834, rebuilt in 1874 and finally closed in October 1977 when the Methodist congregation moved to join with the Westgate United Reformed Church before the Wentworth Street site was levelled in 1978. 

Please add comments, corrections and/or questions at our Facebook Group