Categories

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel – Wentworth Street

An undated image showing the magnificent Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Wentworth Street – a spectacular improvement on the dour municipal building (Wentworth House) that resides there today (2013).

The chapel dated back to 1837, albeit it was substantially rebuilt in 1874, and was still in use right up to the late 1970s before being demolished in 1978.

Please add comments, corrections and/or questions at our Facebook Group