Home Deeping St James Deeping St James Station (1963)

Deeping St James Station (1963)

1118

A set of images showing Deeping St James railway station on 14th January 1963.

The station closed to passengers on 11th September 1961 but remained open for goods traffic until 15th June 1964. In 1995 there was a local campaign to re-open the station which is, however, rather remote, being a over a mile from The Deepings. It’s also on the ‘wrong’ side of the centre of population which didn’t help the case to get it reopened. A short branch to the village was suggested and plans were drawn but all the proposals came to nothing.