Home City Centre Bridge Street Jauncey’s Cutlery & Tools Store (1934)

Jauncey’s Cutlery & Tools Store (1934)

Three generations of Jaunceys traded from their Broad Bridge Street premises dating back to at least the very early 1800s. The Tudor half-timbered shop itself dated back even further.

This photo appeared in the Peterborough Advertiser in 1934 when the shop was run by 42 year old George Henry Jauncey. The person in the lower image is his 68 year old father of the same name standing alongside his tool sharpening barrow as featured in the lower image.