Home Cathedral Cathedral Gateway c.1906

Cathedral Gateway c.1906

671

The Norman gateway to the cathedral grounds with Fairweather & Son Coal & Coke merchants on the left and the Cathedral Studio on the right where the Peterborough Advertiser was first produced back in 1854.

The Cathedral Studio was demolished when Narrow Street was widened to form today’s Bridge Street in the 1920s.