A nice 1914 postcard captioned “Reserve Battery R.F.A Church Parade Oct 25” and probably featuring the Northamptonshire Battery, Royal Field Artillery unit of the Territorial Force based at Queens Street.
RFA was the Royal Field Artillery who provided artillery support for the British Army. It came into being when the Royal Artillery was divided on 1 July 1899, it was re-amalgamated into the Royal Artillery in 1924. The Royal Field Artillery was the largest arm of the artillery and was responsible for the medium calibre guns and howitzers deployed close to the front line and was reasonably mobile. It was organised into brigades, attached to divisions or higher formations.