Home Railways Cootes & Warren Wagon Plate

Cootes & Warren Wagon Plate

423

An old wagon side plate from Cootes and Warren Ltd who were based in St Ives and London and were prominent players in the coal-trading business, covering East Anglia and the north London suburbs. They were operating 1853 – 1960 and up until 1948 their name could have been seen on their  wagons delivering coal to merchants around the country. They were big enough to have their own railway wagon building and repair works here in Peterborough.