Home Deeping St James Deeping St James (c.1905)

Deeping St James (c.1905)

827

The junction of Church Street with Eastgate, showing the old market cross that dates back several hundreds of years to the days when a regular market was held on the site. In 1819, the redundant cross was converted into the village “lock up” which has been recently restored at a cost in excess of £20,000.