A 1950s shot showing Elton Railway Station which was on the road from Elton out towards Nassington.
The station had two facing platforms with a small two storey building incorporating the stationmaster’s house, waiting room and booking office on the down side of the line. A gents toilet was attached to the building and a timber ladies waiting room was provided on the up platform.
There was a small goods yard on the site, comprising one siding and a weighbridge. Although the station survived into British Railways ownership it was little used with five down trains and three up trains on weekdays with no Sunday service and most trains, in general, not stopping at Elton.
The station closed to all traffic in December 1953