Home Elton Elton Station

Elton Station

133

Elton station opened in 1847 and closed in 1953 to passengers. In 1846, the line, along with the London and Birmingham, became part of the London and North Western Railway. At grouping in 1923 it became part of the London Midland and Scottish Railway.

Elton was the last station along the line before crossing the border into Northamptonshire towards Oundle.