Home Fengate Fengate Postmill

Fengate Postmill

296

Also known as Peterborough Post Mill, sited half a mile east of the cathedral on the west side of Car Dyke. The mill is thought to have been built in the eary 1700s and it ceased work in 1903 but remained in a semi-preserved state, minus the sails, until it was destroyed by fire on the 9th May 1919. The surrounding buildings were eventually lost under the Frank Perkins parkway.