Home Oundle Latham’s Hospital, Oundle

Latham’s Hospital, Oundle

137

Dating back to 1611, Latham’s Hospital was established by Brigstock born Nicholas Latham who used a large part of his wealth establishing almshouses and schools in the local district. At the time, a ‘hospital’ was a place of refuge for the poor, disabled or elderly, unlike today where we associate this word with medical provision.

The Grade II building was listed in 1955.