Home Sutton Sutton – Wansford Road Station 1896

Sutton – Wansford Road Station 1896

1102

Sited midway between the villages of Sutton, Wansford and Upton but based in the parish of Sutton, “Wansford Road Station” was situated on the Stamford & Sibson branch of the Stamford & Essendine Railway and was also on the busy turnpike road used by carrier carts. It had a busy set of cattle pens which were used for loading sheep on trains bound for the market at Stamford.

The line opened in 1867 and closed to passengers in 1929 before closing completely in 1931.