Home Walton Walton Tram Terminus c.1912

Walton Tram Terminus c.1912

180

The Walton Tram Terminus was on Lincoln Road, just north of the junction with Mountsteven Avenue.

The low building middle right was used as the waiting room but was previously the Sunday School.

Electricity first came to Walton in 1903, directly from the tramline which meant no electricity when the trams finished running at 11pm and also a varying strength of current with a power surge as the tram came close and a diminishing supply as the tram disappeared into the distance !