Eye Tower Mill pictured in the 1970s. The mill started life as a corn mill in 1861 and finished at some point prior to 1948 when the sails were removed. The stump of the mill survived in ever shortening stature through to its final demise in 1982.
Known locally as Odam’s Mill after the last owner, Joseph Odam, it was sited just along from what is now the Sue Ryder Charity Store on Crowland Road. The house in the bottom left corner still stands today adjacent to the Charity Shop entrance.