Home Westgate Mansion House, Westgate c.1911

Mansion House, Westgate c.1911

548

The imposing Mansion House sat at the Long Causeway end of Westgate, alongside the Bull Hotel.

It was built in the mid 1700s by Matthew Wyldbore who represented Peterborough as its MP in two successive Parliaments and was demolished in the mid 1920s.

Today at least part of the upper two floors are still in evidence.